Welcome!

I hope you will follow in our adventure and enjoy the ride!

Monday, June 25, 2012

No wind in my sails

I wish there was a pill that would give me instant motivation, but alas I have not been able to find one. I would also love to say that I am loving every minute of summer thus far and my kids behaviors have been impeccable.... resulting in a refreshed and relaxed laid back mommy... but alas that is a big fat "nope" too. Fact is the kids like to argue like it's an Olympic sport, I have been crabbier than I care to admit because of it, there is never enough hours in a day for me to get the things I want to get done, money is not plentiful enough and I feel like I am barking 3/4 of my day away. Ugggh. See why I haven't been writing? Who wants to read someones pity party? Not me.... unless of course it makes me feel better about mine.. in which case: bring it on!!! :) I know it is normal to get frustrated and feel stressed out, I just was hoping for a more easy breezy summer and was praying that the kids would fight less b/c there are no demands other than fun to be had. I have been reminded that life isn't always easy and isn't always fair, but its life nonetheless and a never ending work in progress. Thankfully, I have a husband who keeps me sane and loves me even when I'm not. Some people are not so fortunate and I smile knowing how blessed I truly am at the end of the day. I am trying to have a more carefree attitude this week... a drink my coke and eat my chocolate and not give a rats pa toot kinda week if ya don't mind. My body might not thank me but you can bet your behind my sanity will. Give and take right? ha ha. No days are perfect, I don't expect them to be. I just would like to be able to sit down for five minutes and eat breakfast without hearing whining about being bored, (umm....you just woke up!) or be able to go to the bathroom without an interruption about what I am doing... (hello.. bathroom..door closed...can I pee in private please?) It is going to be a looooooooong summer if they don't learn to just smile and use their imaginations and I don't remember to count to ten (often!). Hope you are finding yourself relaxing more than I am this summer, and enjoying all those moments you have to yourself! I need some wind in my sail!! Off I go to look for some ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!