Welcome!

I hope you will follow in our adventure and enjoy the ride!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Isn't it funny..

Isn't it funny how when we do or don't do certain things we think it is the end of the world? I know for one that if I don't get my housework, errands, etc done when I plan to & I miss one of my shows for example, I feel defeated, disappointed, and like I missed something BIG. ( I don't have TIVO) How silly to think these things or feel this way. Looking back, or even typing about it right now sounds so trivial and mundane. I was reminded of how big of a deal we make things out to be yesterday when I told my daughter that her TV, computer and Ipod privileges were gone for today for her misbehavior's. She had a meltdown and then some over this. I generally have a VERY hard time sticking to my guns about things like this but my husband reminded me before he left for work that I need to toughen up & follow through on my threats. Well, I did it.. and I couldn't be happier about it. Not only did we have a GREAT evening with little to no arguing (that in and of itself is awesome) but we played outside, we took a walk, we ate dinner & snacks together, laughed and talked and all this without technology... who woulda thought! My daughter even said to me (and I quote) "can you please ground me from TV again tomorrow, mom? I had a great day spending time as a family." Love it! This mom will stick to her guns more often... or at least try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!