Welcome!

I hope you will follow in our adventure and enjoy the ride!

Thursday, March 15, 2012

I am simple. I am me.

That title about hits the nail on the head. I am simple. It's just me. I don't get over joyed about much. I am a realist.. too much so sometimes. Like.. I need to learn to get excited about things realist. I don't know where it came from or when it started but I just don't do excited.. if that makes sense. It does to me. I try to.. I can smile and say that I am but to actually feel it.. whole nother ball game. A ball game I just don't attend in my mind. Kinda sucks.. sounds depressing right? Don't get me wrong, I love my life, I love my family but I just don't do happy dances and fluttery "I can't wait" excitedness. For example: We are going on a vacation (our first big vaca as a family actually) and we are going with two other families (cousins) and I am reallly looking forward to it but instead of getting excited about the fun we will have I instead focus on the worries I have. Like.. 11 hours in a car with two kiddos who ask "are we there yet" and "how much longer" when we are heading out to the mall.. 15 minutes away!! To say I am skeptical is an understatement. I am diligently praying that it will be successful. What are wrong with kids today? lol. I mean when I was a little girl we used to take trips to Tennessee to see my aunt on my moms side and we would go to Illinois for Easter to see my dads side of the family and I loved going on vacation. It was an adventure with an exciting place to go and fun things to do. WAAAAAY more fun than the usualness of being at home. I am hoping that my kids will get that and that they will get along on the long trip. Anyway, long example. Redirecting....

It's going to be super duper (is duper a word? haha) beautiful out again today. I love me some 70-something weather. I would totally dig it year round fo shizzle. ;) I am ready to throw on some jeans and a tee and spend the day enjoying the warmth, basking in the beautiful outdoors with the family, and shooting some mini hoops w/ the little guy here in a few minutes.

Enjoy your day and do something warm today.. you know like sip iced tea outside while the kids play or take a good old fashioned bike ride (walk) or better yet BBQ.. mmmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Feel free to have one of your kids ride with us! Less headache for you if the whine. They're less likely to whine with someone else. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!!