Welcome!

I hope you will follow in our adventure and enjoy the ride!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Headaches & handling a household

Most days being a mom (and wife)  is a lot of work. I know I get to stay at home, which is amazing in and of itself, don't get me wrong, but it isn't just staying at home like some people seem to imply. It is a tough job on a good day. On a bad day, *insert headache & congestion here* it's even tougher! Even when I try to let things go for a little while (an afternoon or God forbid an evening too) they just pile up. More dishes to catch up on, more laundry to sort & wash, more dog hair to vacuum up, etc. You get it I'm sure. However, there are those other things like making breakfast for the kids (they think they need to eat everyday, geesh! ;) , carting one off to school by 7:50 before the bell rings, feeding & letting out the dog AND momma needs her coffee people...necessity.. and the list goes on.

Sometimes I get tired & cranky & feel unappreciated. Mom isn't allowed to get or feel sick. It just isn't possible. Who is going to keep things running smoothly if mom isn't at her best? It's days like these that I wish we had a pause button. You know, so mom's could rest, rejuvenate and feel ready to tackle the daunting tasks of life. It's a never ending job, but even as tough as it gets, (headache and all) it is a job I couldn't be more thankful to have. It is that exact thing, thankfulness, that I have to remind myself of on a regular basis. I know that there are some people who are not as lucky and that have it far far worse. I think I'll take my headache, suck it up and get my things done without complaining today (well outloud anyway haha).


Remember moms, we may feel underappreciated for our efforts a lot of the time, but those smiles, cuddles, hugs & laughter always find a way to soften the blow. Keep reminding yourself that thankfulness is a powerful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!!